Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ten dollar CD's rule

Forget the two dollar shop; nothing there ever costs two dollars anyway! The big news for all music lovers and particularly for lovers of classic rock and jazz is the emergence of the ten dollar CD store.

Well I had heard about these stores for quite a while now but assuming they only sold rock and I am mostly a classical & jazz listener I had mostly ignored the phenomenon. Well all that has changed for me now as I have discovered great collections of jazz recordings and a smattering of classical in store.

Anyone who has read my equipment reviews on the Vintage Audio .Com .Au site will already be familiar with my love of the jazz vocalists Diana Krall & Cassandra Wilson. Well you can probably imagine my delight when I found a great collection of their recordings on sale for a mere ten bucks a throw!

This is the kind of price point all of us who have been supporting artists by actually buying there recordings have been dreaming of for years. Talk about value, i have also picked up German/Japanese 'Quadromania' 4 CD sets of Stephane Grappelli, Django Reinhardt, Judy Garland and Ella Fitzgerald. These are great sets packed in the compact 4 into 1 CD cases too. No they haven’t got me on the payroll but I do think they have web sites so check my links column & get in there for a bargain.

In Sydney there are two stores just up near Park Street which is where I do my Cd shopping and is also conveniently close to Birdland, Sydney premier jazz outlet. Maybe I will see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home